Thursday, April 16, 2009

City Council meeting tonight

"So tonight's council meeting is going to be a real shit storm. There will be everything from angry white people trying to keep projects out of their neighborhood and the displaced people who will have no access to jobs or practical public transportation. We need to show up and voice our concerns about the young girl who died on University and to voice that we are concerned for all pedestrians not just cyclists."

308 Fountain Circle
6pm tonight

5 comments:

insightful said...

I love it when you incite our feelings!

ash said...

I wish I could have made it. I've got class tonight :( Thanks to everyone showing up to represent us!

Bello Velo said...

What an embarrassment. I for one am ashamed and saddened by last nights racist diatribe by our "neighbors" in SE Huntsville. These people know nothing about community. I for one feel unsafe that there are still so many narrow minded, ignorant people. I wonder if these are some of the grandchildren of the old south? Like the ones who trained their children to get on buses and scratch african americans faces during the civil rights protests in Alabama.

I would say that the post captured the feelings accurately.

clintpatty said...

I'm not surprised that there are so many narrow minded, ignorant people. I guess the meeting didn't go so sell? I was at gramma's. Gotta finish mowing the yard today.

Bello Velo said...

I am not surprised It's just very sad. It did end well Lashun Lynch's father and someone else spoke about her and the other 8 pedestrians who have been killed on University drive. This kind of balanced out the other side. So it ended well :)

Enjoy the weather!!